Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Awesomeness of Clarins Power To Try Workshop



I was 10minutes late on that day, but because my home near to the golden triangle, it only took me 10 minutes to arrive, lucky no heavy jam.
I met Cuna and Meor (the new engage couple!) at the lobby of Amoda building.

We went to the 6th floor and met a very nice Clarins staff who asked us to register and showed us the workshop room. Then we met Tammy (this workshop also happens because of her effort to bring her reader experience Clarins product, thanx darling!) and the rest of the evening session gang.

I sat in the middle of Cuna and Alexis when Fatin was kind enough to swap place with us :)


The workshop started with Erin (the speaker) introducing herself and the objective of the workshop. The slides presentation showed us about Clarins history, the products, etc.
I thought that the slides presentation should be shorter though because I got restless in the middle of the presentation. Maybe I couldn't wait any longer to touch and play with products that were placed right in front of me...well it was actually on Alexis desk (we had to share the products), so I just couldn't wait..hehe..

After like 15-20 minutes of presentation( was it?), finally, we could start our journey of exploring the product.
:D

Erin called up a volunteer as the model.
We started of with removing our make up. Well I put on make up earlier, so I got the chance to use their Make up Remover which is so fine on my skin but I don't fancy the smell.

Move on to the cleanser, toner, scrub, mask, serum, moisturizer, sunblock and viola! (note: I used the HydraQuench range as I have dry skin)
aaaaaa....scary ghosts!!

Hehe...I am a forgetful person so pardon me if I got the steps wrong.

Products that I love most after trying them are the HydraQuench Cream-Mask and the HydraQuench Intensive Serum.
HydraQuench Cream Mask
HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase

When I put on the HydraQuench Cream-Mask, minutes later, my skin absorb fast the mask and Erin told us that's because my skin was too dry and it thirst of water (oh my!). We can tell by looking at the transparent part of the mask.

Good enough for me that one of the product inside the goodie bag is the HydraQuench Cream-Mask! yayy! speaking of which, I really didn't think that we will get any goodie bag as it was a free workshop, but I was wrong. Clarins was kind enough to to give us a goodies with samples of product to try on.

the goodies

including a 50% voucher for any of the facial treatment below

Facial Treatment for half price!!

Extreme Youth from Kyoto

Super restorative treatment based on Pueraria Lobata, called ‘the eternally young plant’ in Japan.

Extra-Firming from Bavaria

Extra-firming youthful treatment, based on rich in Vitamin D precursors.

Hydration from Madagascar

Thirst-quenching treatment, based on Himanthalia Elongata, an algae that is rich in amino acids and minerals.

Light from Maori

Renew-plus treatment, based on Kiwi, the fruit which contains the most Vitamin C and Vitamin E.

Comfort from Palenque

Ultra-gentle treatment based on Christophine, a plant from Central America known for its soothing virtues.

Truly Matte from Mogok

Truly matte treatment based on Tanaka powder, a tree originally from Burma with softening and purifying properties to help keep skin matte.

Whitening from the Alps

Whitening treatment based on Lady’s Mantle, a plant rich in tannins which trap free radicals.

Whitening RenewPlus from the Himalayas

Booster treatment with both renewing and whitening actions based on raspberry extracts which slow down the development of factors that trigger hyperpigmentation.

At home: Clarins White Plus Range.

I will choose the Hydration from Madagascar treatment..maybe I'll ask Vina and Cuna to join me with the facial later.
The validity of the voucher is until end of Sept, so hopefully I'm not too busy with Raya to forget this :P

Overall, the workshop was absolutely awesome.
I got to try everything I want, and the Clarins assistant were all very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable. Everything we asked, we got answer.
I don't mind the place or the food or what not cause the most important thing is does the workshop reflect the objective? I say 100% yes!
We do get the Power To Try.


Thank you Clarins and Tammy for making my first time workshop such a wonderful experience.

As I'm writing this post, I have problem with my mouse, which can't functioning well. So I can't save and upload the pictures at Cuna's blog. Will upload pictures soon..or if you guys really wanna see how I looked like with mask, visit Cuna's blog ya! I look like hantu!hehe..

Alrighty, better get back to my homework if I wanna go for the Anna Sui make over tomorrow with Vina and Wan. Can't wait! because it's free!! and goodie bag some more! hehe..
We just love free stuff, don't we?
;)



luv,
me

*Credit to Meor & Cuna for workshop pictures

1 comment:

Miu said...

glad u enjoyed it harim..

u should bring ur dslr come n snap beauty photo pics! :)

btw did u manage to go for the facial yet?