Saturday, August 01, 2009

Cleansing Oil

seeing double??

I stopped by at Shu Uemura counter today at Isetan KLCC because I wanted to know more about the art contest they held.
I read the printed ad on the counter and then I realized there's another printed ad promoting on their famour cleansing oil.

It was a challenge-like-promotion whereby they will give you a free 8ml Shu Uemura cleansing oil sample and for you to compare it with your own milk cleansing base, or any cleansing/make up remover.

The SA was kind enough to do a demo on me.
First she put lipstick on my hand, imagine my hand is the face.
After that she pumped thrice of the oil from the bottle and massage my hand within 15-20 seconds, and the lipstick was melting. Like easily melt.
After that she pat my hand with water, she didn't rinse it thoroughly, only pat it with water and by 4th times of patting, all the lipstick stain was remove.

I absolutely found it interesting. She then gave me the samples to try at home.
The 100ml cleansing oil cost at RM100 and that's a good bargain for me, I guess :P

Just before I stopped at Shu Uemera counter, I went to Bobbi Brown for my eyebrow trimming appointment. I had somehow promise the SA that I would try Bobbi Brown cleansing oil tonight when she asked me if I have use it or not.

Therefore, I decided to make a review of these 2 cleansing oil product. I need to find a good make up remover anyways as my Stila make up remover pad is almost finish. And if these cleansing oil can also be as the cleanser, why not. All this while, I've been using the Johnson Aloe Vera Baby Oil + cotton pad + facial wash cleanser to remove and clean up my face after make up. It's a hassle and the fact that sometimes I have to apply baby oil more than once was wasting my time, plus it's quite $ .

So, for tonite entry, I had just try the Bobbi Brown cleansing oil just because I promise the SA. The SA is most probably forgot about it already, but that was the only thing I can reason myself to try it on...I'm such a lazy bum.

Hence, here is my verdict on Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil
Points taken from SA before use it:
1. Can only remove very clean of the light make up

2. Very gentle on face

3. Easy steps

this is after cleansing oil, the oil still on face. by the way, look at my new arch eyebrow by bobbi brown :D

Like:
1.The frangrance that is not chemical smell, it somehow give a nice and calming smell.
2.I remove my make up by a couple of swipe from the cotton pad (yes, I forgot to use fingers and massage)
3. My skin feels soft after I rinsed with water.
4. Feel really clean like using facial cleanser, no oily residue, no leftover stain from make up (eye liner, foundation, etc)
5. The formulated ingredients that caters dry to oily skin


Okay quick review on Shu Uemura's as I promised.

Like:
1.Effectiveness of removing make up.
2.Feel fresh after rinse, feel cool

Dislike:
1.The smell (a bit like bau minyak gamat sakit kaki yang saya selalu pakai)
2. Leaves my skin a bit tight at first right after washing

That's all I could remember while using it.
I guess I still vote for BB as it is much reliable on my skin. So, have you guys try yours?


luv,
me

5 comments:

Suziana's Shopaholic Realm said...

harim, klcc still has the cleansing oil thingy to redeem? unlucky me, i went to Bobbi Brown for my free makeover, but the SA said that no cleansing oil already. and you've got like 2? wow...yea, love their Bobbi Brown cleansing oil too. But it's RM115 or something like that. a bit pricey. Overall i guess, BB is more expensive than MAC, don't you think so?

Suziana's Shopaholic Realm said...

harim, klcc still has the cleansing oil thingy to redeem? unlucky me, i went to Bobbi Brown for my free makeover, but the SA said that no cleansing oil already. and you've got like 2? wow...yea, love their Bobbi Brown cleansing oil too. But it's RM115 or something like that. a bit pricey. Overall i guess, BB is more expensive than MAC, don't you think so?

Sherry said...

not sure about the price but I think will be expensive. :(

cleasing oil I have one haha.. forgot what brand

harim hamdan said...

Harim to Suziana:
oh, i redeem it like 3 weeks before my eyebrow appointment.and i only got one darling..the other one is my sister's..she don't really care about all this beauty product so i i got 2 samples instead :D
in the pamphlet here it says rm140 right for the original size? yes and BB is expensive than most of the brand i notice. like the eyebalm i use for instance, it was rm250 when i bought it and as i checked other brand, they offer cheaper price.

oh, tonight gonna try the shu uemura's cleasing oil :)

Jessying said...

i also like bobbi brown smell so good... jojoba smell~~